Friday, January 22, 2010

Tacky Toybox Makeover

See this ugly chest type thing?  Not really sure what it is but I confiscated it from Mike as Spencer's toybox and it serves the purpose perfectly.


Mike made these wooden things for me to prop my projects up if needed.  They work really well.  I don't have to worry about putting a cloth or something down.  Not really sure what color this wood is but it wasn't my taste.  First thing I did was sand it down really good.  I used my trusty ol' palm sander that Mike got me for Christmas a few years ago.  I'm sure some people thought it was silly but it's what I wanted!


Here it is all sanded down.  The sanding didn't need to be perfect because I was going to put a few coats of primer on it anyway.




The paint that I used is by Rustoleum and is called Colonial Red.  I didn't use spray paint though, I used the latex paint in a satin finish.






And because I don't really care for anything that's too plain I decided to stencil his name on it.  I had bought some cardboard letter cut-outs at the Dollar Tree a while back that I knew would come in handy eventually.  I traced around them with a pencil and hand painted the letters with white paint.




Somebody wouldn't move his little buns out of my way!



The finished product!  Nothing spectacular but I thought it turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment